Official Sponsor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mira Avy L250's side Mirror compatible with Perodua Viva 1.0 ( Basic) ?  (Read 8633 times)
victorN

Ignore User Options
« on: October 18, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »

Broke my viva's side mirror cover ( the one with paint ) long time ago. Want to replace it but since the price is ridiculously high ( RM 377.80 ( each one or per pair??) according to one of the member in this forum)..so i'm seeking for alternatives here. Somehow another member from this forum said that Mira Avy L250's parts are compatible with Perodua Viva...Hopes??

Here is the comparison between these two models...

Based on your bare-eyes judgement, are they compatible?? 850cc and 1000cc have the same side mirror design, then it should not be a problem to fix a mira's side mirror to viva if they are clones. 
My question is :
1. Where can i find Daihatsu Mira's side mirror in Penang area?
2. Can i replace the plastic cover only without replace the whole mirror? Come on, it's just a plastic case...
3. Can the plastic case be custom-made? I'm sure that the cost will be much cheaper than replacing a whole mirror, right?

Anyone has any experience regarding this situation? Mind to share? grin

Zan_Mansor
Junior

Ignore User Options
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »

Broke my viva's side mirror cover ( the one with paint ) long time ago. Want to replace it but since the price is ridiculously high ( RM 377.80 ( each one or per pair??) according to one of the member in this forum)..so i'm seeking for alternatives here. Somehow another member from this forum said that Mira Avy L250's parts are compatible with Perodua Viva...Hopes??

Here is the comparison between these two models...

Based on your bare-eyes judgement, are they compatible?? 850cc and 1000cc have the same side mirror design, then it should not be a problem to fix a mira's side mirror to viva if they are clones. 
My question is :
1. Where can i find Daihatsu Mira's side mirror in Penang area?
2. Can i replace the plastic cover only without replace the whole mirror? Come on, it's just a plastic case...
3. Can the plastic case be custom-made? I'm sure that the cost will be much cheaper than replacing a whole mirror, right?

Anyone has any experience regarding this situation? Mind to share? grin

it is the same meaning you can fit one without any modification. it can not be custom made as you need the moulding. but some workshop may offer to fix it using fiber if the damage is not that bad.

in Penang I do not know but I was in Subang couple of weeks ago in Subang Industrial Area. I saw a half cut Mira Avy at one of the chop shop there. did not ask abt other body part though..shop arounds the chop shop..you may find one..if not some chop shop can order for you. but for how much i hv no idea.

Call me Zan
victorN

Ignore User Options
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »

Oh, the damage is rather serious...couples of cracks everywhere...and a 3cm X 2cm missing part cry
Any place to find brand new daihatsu spare parts in KL?

Zan, do u mind to tell me then name of the chop shop? i found a list of spare part (used / new) from the net...
http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/contacts/contacts.htm

I will spend a couple of days in KL next month...Is the shop near the KTM station in Subang? Most probably i will get to Subang by KTM since i'm not a KL locals, that's the only way i know how to get to grin

Thank you for such informative news! cheesy
fly
Administrator
Senior II

i am flying without wings..

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »

Oh, the damage is rather serious...couples of cracks everywhere...and a 3cm X 2cm missing part cry
Any place to find brand new daihatsu spare parts in KL?

Zan, do u mind to tell me then name of the chop shop? i found a list of spare part (used / new) from the net...
http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/contacts/contacts.htm

I will spend a couple of days in KL next month...Is the shop near the KTM station in Subang? Most probably i will get to Subang by KTM since i'm not a KL locals, that's the only way i know how to get to grin

Thank you for such informative news! cheesy

for high grade side mirror..its totally imported from japan..
and for low grade side mirror.. its made by local vendor Dellyod near Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam (if i am not mistaken)
Near KTM station in subang only got carefour and Subang Parade.. grin
you need a car to circle around subang when looking for kedai potong..
the nearest (maybe) kedai potong near KTM Subang Jaya is located at Subang Industrial Park behind Summit shopping complex..
but i am not sure part that you looking for is available since viva is quite new in the market..

Members can discuss anything and everything about their Viva. Join for free .--> site description pun korang nak tiru ke ?
victorN

Ignore User Options
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »

I had visit Delloyd's official website...but Viva is not listed under P2  for their side mirror's model...i'm wonder if they had start the production of viva's side mirror? Anyone knows if Delloyd has any retail shop?
Zan_Mansor
Junior

Ignore User Options
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »

for high grade side mirror..its totally imported from japan..
and for low grade side mirror.. its made by local vendor Dellyod near Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam (if i am not mistaken)
Near KTM station in subang only got carefour and Subang Parade.. grin
you need a car to circle around subang when looking for kedai potong..
the nearest (maybe) kedai potong near KTM Subang Jaya is located at Subang Industrial Park behind Summit shopping complex..
but i am not sure part that you looking for is available since viva is quite new in the market..

dun remember the name. but if you know summit you can easily look for the shop..after summit traffic light, turn left toward giant. second trafiic light turn right, along this road there are a few chop shops but the one that I went was right at the junction of I believe second or third right..if i am going there again I will get the name.

Call me Zan
fly
Administrator
Senior II

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 09:04:58 PM »

I had visit Delloyd's official website...but Viva is not listed under P2  for their side mirror's model...i'm wonder if they had start the production of viva's side mirror? Anyone knows if Delloyd has any retail shop?

i believed they didnt update their website..
i dont think delloyd has retail shop.

Members can discuss anything and everything about their Viva. Join for free .--> site description pun korang nak tiru ke ?
victorN

Ignore User Options
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:09:01 AM »

Thank you Zan and Fly...u guys are really helpful... cheesy

If Delloyd had viva's side mirror in their production line, then it should not be a problem to find it at any auto parts & acessories shops right? Or the production is exclusively for Perodua only? There's no other way to fix the side mirror by ourself besides send it to Perodua SC?  huh
fly
Administrator
Senior II

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »

Thank you Zan and Fly...u guys are really helpful... cheesy

If Delloyd had viva's side mirror in their production line, then it should not be a problem to find it at any auto parts & acessories shops right? Or the production is exclusively for Perodua only? There's no other way to fix the side mirror by ourself besides send it to Perodua SC?  huh

For mid and high  grade, Delyod did the sub assy work..all parts from japan..
For low grade, they made it in house..
and for both grade, its an exclusive parts for perodua only..
unless you know someone inside..
shall not be available in any accessories shop..
that is why you need to find it at kedai potong..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random pictures
Sorry, you do not have permission to view pictures!
Most recent post
mintak tolng otaiČ.....
assalamulaikum.... mcm mne nk dpt diagram meter avy nk mod ke viva...leh sapeČ leh tolng x...jasa anda akan dikenang.....

Perodua Myvi Gas Spring Shock Absorber Rear Boot Damper
Perodua Myvi Gas Spring / Shock Absorber / Rear Boot Damper / Rear StrutHaving problem with Myvi Rear Boot Gas Spring?Worried it...

Viva with Yrv engine
Hi all, need your help. Anyone know when swapping the engine of a viva with a k3vet, will the original drive shaft fit or need t...

Re: How to choose the tyre?
wow,there are so many meaning for those tyre.i really don't know the tyre model has its meaning for its function.thanks a lot fo...

Re: How to choose the tyre?
Quote from: mikkesho on December 03, 2014, 07:55:51 PMi actually think that it is not important to know bout the tyre model all ...

Last 5 Shouts:
December 08, 2014, 08:26:24 AM
Salam. Nak tanya, nak tukar cermin belah kiri pemandu berapa ye area shah alam? Urgent. Thankss
December 07, 2014, 02:01:20 PM
New in here. Plse advise if any. Thanks
December 05, 2014, 12:20:26 PM
salam semua
December 05, 2014, 09:13:51 AM
ello
December 05, 2014, 07:36:58 AM
assalamualaikum.. g.morning. lama dah xmasuk sini...